My {Current} Favourites

19.9.16

I know most of you are already thinking about roll neck sweaters, over-the-knee boots and pumpkin spice lattes (trust me, I am too). 

I really didn't want to miss the opportunity to share with you a couple of things I really enjoyed in the past month. It's time for my very own "Show-and-Tell".

STATEMENT EARRINGS
These earrings are probably my number one favourite for the whole of the summer.I bought these from JCrew (similar here) at the start of the summer (they were already reduced, and an extra 50% off - total steal) and I have been wearing them every chance I get. 
I'm absolutely obsessed with earrings, and what better than these big beautiful tortoise ones to make a serious statement! They dress up any outfit, and are such a fun way to give your wardrobe a pop. I always get compliments and questions whenever I wear them. 

My favourite thing to wear with them has actually been this CrewCuts dress. Yes, a children's dress. 

I'm so excited to style these earrings with a roll neck jumper and jeans for the fall!

JEAN JACKET
One of the last times I wore a jean jacket must have been when I was twelve years old. Recently, I have been seeing them around more and more, and I have to say I love the relaxed and preppy feel it gives to any outfit. This JCrew Factory version has been perfect for the more recent cool August mornings and evenings. 

The fit is so flattering (I went with XXS), and I think the tighter look gives the jacket a more modern feel. The fabric is great as it has a lot of stretch. I really love that it's slightly distressed, and that the collar is a little bit creased.

DRYBAR 'FULL PINT' BLOW-DRY BRUSH
If you have never been to a Drybar blow out bar, then what are you waiting for?! This place is just the cutest. They don't do cuts - just blow drys!

Did I also mention that you can order cocktails and they play all the classic rom-coms in there? It's an instagram-able paradise!

This brush is fantastic. I actually had the smaller one from a while ago when my hair was shorter, but I decided to go back and pick up the bigger one this time.  It heats up so easily, and really gives your hair such a sleek and smooth feel. I don’t even bother to use a hair straightener after, as my hair just feels so silky.

Big. Bouncy. Blowouts.  Need I say more?

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - LIPSTICK 'KISS KISS BANG BANG'

For those of you Sephora VIBs, you might be familiar with this lipstick. This is part of the Marc Jacob's birthday gift set this year. 

It's such a beautiful colour - and the formula is so creamy! This brown-toned antique rose colour is so popular at the moment, and I love it. I call these the "new nudes".

Although liquid lipsticks seem to have taken the beauty world by storm, I still love a classic lipstick. 

Definitely opt for this birthday gift set. I have a feeling this will be such a nice colour as we transition into the cooler months.

NETFLIX TV SHOW - 'THE PARADISE'
For the better part of a week this month, I was glued to my TV. 

This is shocking - and it can only mean one thing: 

I've found a new British period drama!

I have mentioned my love for everything English before, and TV is no exception. I love British period dramas. The pomp, the pageantry, the costumes, the scenography, the plots, the SCANDAL.

I was  a huge fan of Downton Abbey and Mr. Selfridge (as you can probably imagine). Luckily, I stumbled upon another period drama on Netflix called "The Paradise". 

Needless to say, I was hooked!

The show follows a young lady named Denise who arrived in the big city looking for work. She lands herself a job in the ladieswear department of the city's department store (aptly named the Paradise - because it is). Once settled at the Paradise, Denise shines! She also falls in love with the store's manager, but of course, not without a couple of bumps (and jealous socialites) along the way. 
Hopefully this post inspires you to try something new... and who knows? - it might just become your next favourite too!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments