Holiday Gift Guide 2016

13.11.16


I know you're probably asking: "Where has she been?!" To be honest, I really don't have a very good explanation - but let's not dwell on that, shall we? 


While everyone has been moaning about the shorter days and colder winds... I have secretly been rejoicing because the most wonderful time of the year is on its' way!

Everyone has a favourite holiday - and mine is without a doubt Christmas. I mean who doesn't love roasting chestnuts around an open fire and going for a snowy sleigh ride??!

Although I have actually never done either of those, the thing I love the most about the holidays are the traditions that come together at this time of the year. Wether it's decorating the house, baking cookies, watching christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate, all these experiences make up  some very special moments that I look forward to each year. 

Now in order to have these wonderful memories, one must be prepared ahead of time (and this includes keeping some ready-made cookie dough in the freezer as back up at all times). 

Today I bring to you my first-ever holiday gift guide. Hopefully thing will take the guessing game (and stress) out of your holiday list. I've tried my best to share with you some of the items that I think are quite unique and would put a smile on anyone's face.


These are what I call "cozy clothes" - and there is nothing better than having some snuggly pyjamas and socks to relax in after a long (and most likely cold) day! That's why I think gifting someone these perfectly soft items make for a great present. Chances are there will definitely be time to lounge around at home during the holidays, and why not enhance that experience for someone else? 

I actually have a couple of these J Crew sweaters, and I love them! They are so snug and warm - and not itchy at all. They wash fairly well, and if you take good care of them you can have them for a couple of seasons. My personal favourite is the cowl neck style, because I think it looks great under coats. 


I think that everyone stands a little straighter with some sparkle! I love adding a little bit of sparkle to my outfit no matter what time of the year, but something about the holidays just requires it in my opinion. Gifts for "glamming" are great because New Year's celebrations are just around the corner! Gifting someone the perfect little accessory for a fun event can make it all that much more exciting. Who knows... that sparkle may just attract a mystery midnight kiss!


Although we love them, let's admit that buying for the boys in our lives can be a little difficult sometimes. The holidays are such a fun way to bring back the child in all of us, so why not gift some cool new toys - but for big (young hearted) boys. 

Virtual reality? - I have to admit I'm definitely intrigued by this too. All it takes is to pop your smartphone in the front compartment and you are whisked off to another world! The Gold Bar is perfect for the guy in your life trying to save up for a car, a house... or a REAL gold bar. Wowwee's MIP is the perfect companion - with a very convenient "off" button. 

Personalized gifts are such a sentimental way to show someone appreciation. They're also great gift ideas for family members and the loved ones we don't often have the chance to see. The older I get, the more I appreciate these kinds of gifts. Taking the time to select the perfect subscription box (there are so many nowadays) makes receiving them each month so exciting. This is also a great way to extend your gift all year long. Another gift that I myself have received in past (and loved) are tickets. Now, this is totally customizable. Depending on your budget, you could buy your loved one a weekend away in Paris (just make sure to check their calendar)! Equally so, there are great events happening in every city that are sure to surprise! Check your local concert ventures and you might just be able to surprise someone with a chance to see their favourite artist. 

I have made family calendars in past years, but Snapfish just has the cutest templates. If calendars aren't your cup of tea, then you can have prints made on mugs, canvas, or even memories books filled with the photos you choose. Another great idea is to have someone make a drawing or painting for you. This could be a silly caricature of a family photo, or even an watercolour painting of your four-legged friend. Search Etsy for some amazingly talented people. Most sellers just require you to submit a picture of your choice, and off to work they go!


I'm sure that we all know someone who is obsessed with make-up and beauty. I know that I am definitely one of those people. These are the ultimate "treat yo'self" gifts out there. Many brands actually release special limited edition items during the holidays, so you are bound to make a beauty guru pretty happy if you score some of these coveted products. Gift sets are also the perfect opportunity to try something new. If you're worried about which type of set to purchase based on the recipient's skin type or personal preference, then you're in luck. Many of the great sets I have seen feature a selection of different kinds of products with broad-spectrum items that are sure to suit many. Buying make up as a gift is also a wonderful way to indulge someone in a designer item without breaking the bank on an expensive handbag or pair of shoes. Something Chanel? Why not try a lipstick or nail polish. 

Phew! That was a lot of presents. Hopefully I have given you some inspiration for selecting the right present for the special people in your life. The holidays are all about coming together and gifting is really the thought that counts! 


Stay tuned for a couple of other holiday blog posts coming your way  in the next couple of weeks.I wish you all the best of luck and may your shopping lists be shorter and shorter with each coming day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments