Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

13.12.16

Now, I don't want to brag or anything (ok, maybe just a little) but many people say that I'm a pro rapper. 

and no, I don't mean the gangster kind.

I mean the perfectly tied-up ribbon and precisely taped corners type of wrapper. 

When I was younger I was a huge Winnie the Pooh fan and whenever the holiday season comes around, I'm always reminded of one episode in particular. 

Winnie the Pooh decides to wrap up a honey pot as a present for one of his friends, but since he's got such a sweet tooth he can't help but eat the pot of honey himself. Soon after, he realizes what he has done and now he doesn't have a present anymore. Instead, he takes an empty box and ties a ribbon around it to make it look nice. Winnie hopes that the empty box will be "too pretty to open" and no one will ever find out that in fact, there is no present inside. 

Something about this episode has just stayed with me all these years. It's funny how small things stay in our memories sometimes. However, I can definitely guarantee that my present don't just look good, they also have gifts inside of them!

So now that you've checked off everyone from your holiday shopping list, it's time to wrap up those gifts!
I will actually be showing you three different ways to create unique gift wrapping using simple brown paper. I absolutely love this sort-of "organic" (as I like to call it) look to presents. There is something so sweet about it. 
The first way that you can make your wrapping paper really special is by using some festive stamps. All you will need here are some stamps (of your choice) and an ink pad. I chose to use red ink, but green would work just as well. 

Simply lay out your brown paper and stamp away! It's a good idea to roughly measure how much wrapping paper you need for each present, that way you stamp only the area that you need to cover. 
Here is the finished product. I've used a Santa stamp on this present in particular. Adding some ribbon and tying a little ornament on the gift makes a really special addition. In fact, it also acts as a bonus gift. I alway add tags to my presents as well. Not only are they functional, but this chalkboard tag is just the cutest (and re-usable)!
Here's another option! Adding some festive treats is also a great way to make your gift stand out. Candy Canes are sweet looking, and sweet tasting so they make a great addition to your wrapping. The little gingerbread man is actually attached to a clothes pin at the back which make placing him on the ribbon very easy. You could also clip a name tag to him as well. 
This next idea is very unique and actually very easy to achieve. All you need for this option are some small (or big) pompoms and a hot glue gun. My best recommendation is to actually wrap up your gift first, and then add on the pompoms. This will ensure that you can create your desired pattern, and it will make wrapping the gift a whole lot easier! I used red and green pompoms to mimic holly here, but you could equally use different colours and just pop them on randomly. I think white pompoms would look very sweet, just like snow balls! 
Once again, the final result! I really like the way this one turned out. Lace ribbon is another way to add a different element to your gift wrapping. I think it really matches the brown paper well since they are both neutral. However, it doesn't take away the attention from the pompoms like red or green ribbon might. 
Here is my last idea. This one might remind you of something a little bit less pleasant than Winnie the Pooh. It might remind you of school! Now, this option is really great because you can totally customize your wrapping. All you need here is a marker of your choice. Think of a message, and getting to writing! Once again I roughly measured the area I would need to be able to wrap up my present. 
These little nutcrackers are really cute. I actually used a small piece of red yarn to tie them to the presents to make sure that they don't move around too much - you don't want these little guys marching off. Another great idea for this option would be to write out the lyrics of your favourite christmas song onto the paper.  
I hope that some of these ideas inspire you to get create! If you're looking for ribbons, pompoms, treats or even ornaments to attach to your gifts, I would suggest checking out your local craft store or even the nearest dollar store. You would be surprised - I always find something great in there! 

So there you have it! Now, if you thought that wrapping was the hardest part - I hope I have proved you wrong!
SaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments